Nationally published journalist, social media editor, and on-camera reporter, covering breaking news, lifestyle, entertainment, and human-interest stories. Skilled using various CMS’, social platforms, iNews, and SEO best practices. Recently wrote a feature story for VICE.com that was the most shared/aggregated story on the site to date, referenced on the “The Tonight Show,” with Jimmy Fallon, and featured on NPR’s “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me.”
Freelance Multi-Media Journalist 2007 – present
- VICE, NBC Latino, GOOD.Is, Bustle, The Los Angeles Times, Cosmo for Latinas, Hemispheres, Dame, Modern Luxury, Los Angeles Blade, and Words Etc. (South Africa’s first literary journal)
- Editor-in-Chief e-commerce website The Dooplex.com. Creates, edits and posts all content to social platforms.
Fox News Latino Jan. 2016 – May 2017
General Assignment Reporter, Lifestyle Editor and Social Media Producer
- Pitched, reported and wrote feature stories covering news, culture & lifestyle in the Latino community.
- Researched, interviewed and wrote an average three original pieces of content per day. Conducted on-camera interviews.
- Created “Latinos on the Rise” column and was the primary contributor to “Our American Dream” series.
- Managed and edited social channels — launching Snapchat and Facebook Live.
CBS Distribution Television – The Dr. Phil Show Aug. 2014 – Dec. 2015
Digital Web Writer and Social Media Producer
- Produced social media integration including: Conceiving and writing promotional video content.
- Wrote original content for DrPhil.com and articles for the Dr. Phil vertical on Huffington Post.
Produced and directed a social campaign seen by over 7 million and shared by over 8k.
San Diego Union-Tribune Jan. 2014 – Aug. 2014
Social Media Editor, Entertainment and Business Reporter
- Reported on entertainment and business sections.
- Created daily on-camera social media spots & trained staff in social media.
- Served as on-camera reporter with accompanying media packages.
First To Know.com and Knowworthy.com 2013 – 2014
- Managed, created and edited social media content and editorial schedules, edited videos, managed three staff writers, and tracked analytics & SEO.
Zagat and Google 2012 – 2013
Zagat Guide Editor and Maps Editor
- Provided headline descriptions for various businesses in U.S.
- Reviewed local and independent boutiques for Shopping Section of the 2012 San Diego Zagat
San Diego Home/Garden Lifestyle Magazine 2011 – 2012
- Edited and created monthly style page titled Products +, incorporating fashion with household trends.
San Diego Magazine 2010 – 2011
- Created fashion-related content, monthly product page, weekly posts, and wrote featured articles.
Shop Local SD/L.A. 2007 – present
- Designed website to educate public about benefits of supporting local businesses to boost economy.
- Researches and writes all site content, using SEO, and promoting on social media channels.
Carnegie Mellon University, Bachelor of Fine Arts
The National Hispanic Media Coalition 2016: Excellence in Journalism
San Diego Press Club 2010: Best Reviews, New Boutiques
San Diego Magazine 2010: Best Fashion Blogger